While some love to create an impression by dressing in an eclectic manner, there are others who love to keep a modest approach to their appearance. Well while modest dressing sounds really simple, there are a lot of things that you have to take note of, to actually dress modestly.
You have to pay attention to your wardrobe, your makeup a lot of other things if you really want to dress modestly. So if you are looking for some great options, then here are some things that you can try out:
- The first thing that you will need to do is find out a modest clothing store. It is absolutely essential that you find the right shop to shop from. It may be online or a store near you, but it has to be a shop which sells the right kind of clothing that is necessary to dress modestly.
- When it comes to dressing modestly the key is not to be too harsh on the eye. The colour combination of your attire ought to such so that you can actually put forward a pleasing effect on the eye and you can appreciate it. Thus it is always better to go with pastel shades like cream, light yellow, light blue or a matte shade of any dark colour. This helps in creating a soothing effect also brings out the colour of the skin which in turn makes you look all the more beautiful and modest. Even when going with dark colours, just make sure that you hit the right combination like dark blue and cream, off white and gold etc.
- Once you have taken care of the colour, the other thing that you will have to look for is modest designs. Dressing modestly does not entail showing much skin and it works on the basis of more is less. So when you shop look for modest dresses with sleeves, maxi dresses and tunics and kurtis. Make an indo western fusion if you want, but you have to make sure that you follow the motto of less is more.
- The other thing that you will have to make sure of is carrying the right accessories. For example, do not carry a shiny and stone studded clutch for an informal outing. Dress and carry accessories based on the occasion. When it comes to a brunch with friends, carry a small scarf and a sling bag with a maxi dress. Do not overburden your look with accessories though and opt for only one or two to create the perfect look.
- And last but not the least, another very important thing that you have to take care of is the makeup. Makeup should always be light and make your skin look radiant. A simple kohl along with eyeliner and a shade of lipstick is enough for you to look gorgeous. If you wear heavy earrings then balance it out with light makeup. The trick is to look natural always.
Now that you have such great fashion tips to make you look modest and gorgeous, make a change in your dressing style for a modest change!